Jerald P. Vizzone D.O.
Jerald P. Vizzone D.O. is a board certified orthopaedic surgeon, who specializes in minimally invasive orthopaedic surgery-including arthroscopic surgery of the cervical and lumbar spine.
His hospital affiliations include Meadowlands Hospital Medical Center, Mountainside Hospital, and Harrison Endo Surgical Center, LLC.
Dr. Vizzone received his Doctor of Osteopathy from the University of Health Sciences – College of Osteopathic Medicine, in Kansas City, Missouri (now called Kansas City University of Medicine and Biosciences).
He graduated from Farleigh Dickinson University Cum Laude, University Honors Program, and Phi Zeta Kappa Honor Society. He then attended a graduate program at Rutgers University in Newark, New Jersey.
Dr. Vizzone completed his orthopaedic surgery residency at Cabrini Medical Center (New York Medical College) and Peninsula Hospital Center in New York City, and served as a Visiting Resident at the Alfred I. DuPont Institute, Wilmington, DE.
He also completed one year of general surgery residency at PCOM in Philadelphia, PA, and an osteopathic internship at Metropolitan Hospital – Parkway Division also in Philadelphia, PA.
Dr. Vizzone is board certified (AOBOS) since October of 1998 and recertified June, 2008.
Some fun on the Colbert Report
Dr Vizzone on The Colbert Report in “Wrist Watch”
Dr. Vizzone with Steven Colbert in “The Cast Comes Off”
Dr.Vizzone has affiliations with the following organizations:
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- American Osteopathic Academy of Orthopedics
- New Jersey Orthopaedic Society / Orthopaedic Surgeons of New Jersey
- Society for Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery (www.SMISS.com)
- North American Spine Society
- New Jersey Association of Osteopathic Physicians andSurgeons
- American Osteopathic Association
- Alumni Association, Kansas City University of Medicine and Biosciences
- Executive Board Member Of Newark Police Athletic League
- New Jersey State Law Enforcement Officers Association